As my network expands, I realize that a lot of negative and positive interactions will come with it. Friends will come and go. Your heart will be broken, and people you thought were true to you, instead may cut you off without telling you. And there’s really nothing that you can control. But if you stay true to yourself, if you stay true to your good intentions, better things will come your way and you’ll naturally attract people who were meant to be there for you… and at the end of the day, you’ll know for sure who your real friends are.
So since I love lists so much, here are a few things to remember for when you feel like the world is pummeling you down into a pit, like I’ve been feeling this whole entire week.
- True friends will always be there for you no matter what at the end of the day
- True friends don’t make assumptions and preconceived ideas of you based on what they heard. Instead, they would make their own based on their interactions with you
- People will say things about you that are untrue. It’s life.
- If you don’t feel like you have anyone, your family will always love you. Family will be there for you no matter what.
- If you’ve done wrong, realize that you’ve done wrong. No more beating yourself up for it. Pick yourself up and learn from that mistake. You, in yourself, will know that you are better.
- Don’t chase after people!!
- “Don’t waste your time with explanations. People only hear what they want to hear.” – Paul Coelho
- Be true to yourself and don’t force a friendship or relationship. Friendship is a two way street.
- Don’t pay attention to the negatives of what people say. It may hurt. But don’t counter that with more negativity. Instead, encapsulate yourself with positive people who make your life happier.
- Don’t take things so personally. Life is short. And people will be people.
- People have opinions. Opinions are natural.
- Not 100% of people will like you. It’s not your fault. It would be unreal if they did.
- Keep your head up. It’s not the end of the world. Out of 20 people who hate you, there are 80 more who love you.