My senior year is beginning and honestly I’m actually excited. Over the summer, I kind of fell into some bad habits.. like taking four-hour naps in the middle of the day, losing interest in exercising, losing touch with some friends, eating lots of junk, not creating art. I stopped. I stumbled into a rotten patch in my life. And sure, you can say that I was productive because I took two summer classes and worked a part time job… but I felt as though I was on autopilot, just trying to get through each and every single day without feeling so lethargic. I hate feeling out of energy. I hate not wanting to go out and have fun. The only motivation I had for doing anything at all this summer was the fear of regret that I didn’t do it. Anyways, my first day of school started yesterday and I honestly am truly thankful that there are semesters/bench marks where you can start anew…. And for this fall, I will begin fresh. I will plan things. I will kickstart my fabulous habits that I had before. I will develop a better mindset. I will listen to motivational speeches everyday. And most importantly, I will love it. I will love each and every day that I am alive. And these posts will keep coming.
To start off my semester, here are some goals I would like to prophesy.
- Wake up early even on days that I don’t have to
- Continue my exercise regime
- Continue to learn about exercise and fall in love with learning again
- Have more spontaneity for spontaneity will help you be accustomed to meeting the unknown and the uncertain, and be okay with it
- Finish small errands right when you get them
- Use a daily planner (I already have 3)
- Keep up with to-do lists and GET THEM DONE
- Become a complete and daring optimist